Friday, July 10, 2009

TMobile (USA) Minutes Used version 1.8

the new version should work with the latest tmobile web site with a few more pieces of data displayed.

You can download it here.


Blogger llumys said...

Awesome! Thanks for fixing this!

7/10/2009 9:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

v1.8 worth the wait!

7/12/2009 8:54 AM  
Anonymous mvd said...

It's not working for me, and I can't figure out why. I have 1.8 installed on two different computers (both running FF 3.5), and both always show "Loading TMobile minutes used..." or, if I select Check Usage Now, it permanently shows "checking usage ...". I've verified that the options are set correctly and that I can access the TMobile site, I've tried disabling/re-enabling the extension and uninstalling/reinstalling the extension, no change.

Any ideas what I can try next? Are there any known incompatibilities with other extensions?

7/12/2009 1:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Same problem as mvd for me too.

7/12/2009 1:25 PM  
Blogger Ak said...

I too have same problem

7/13/2009 9:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's works perfectly for me on both of my PCs (vista & XP) however I am running FF 3.0.11.

Thanks for fixing this!

7/13/2009 11:04 AM  
Anonymous mvd said...

I have now tried disabling every other extension, with no improvement. I still hang on "Loading ..." or "checking ...". My TMobile account is a family plan with five lines, if that makes a difference to the extension.

7/13/2009 11:20 AM  
Blogger Winston Huang said...

it worked for me with a family plan of 4 phones. if you go to "tools->error console", do you see any javascript error? or you can turn on logging by the plugin by following instruction here

you basically need to set browser.dom.window.dump.enabled = true and launch firefox from a console.

7/13/2009 6:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

No javascript errors here.

7/13/2009 9:31 PM  
Blogger The Human Resource said...

Same prob for me. Its not working.

Im on Win 7, FF 3.5

7/13/2009 11:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok, I have a suggestion for people who find that it is not working.

The old version may have hammered the tmobile page with attempts and your online account may have been locked. Try to login normally on the website. If it's locked, call them.

This worked for me.

Also may want to uninstall, restart FF, reinstall the new version, restart FF.

Winston, it has locked my account several times. Is there any way to stop it from retrying too often? You have the "check minutes now" option, so we can just use that if we need it checked immediately. But maybe your program isn't hammering the site...I could have it wrong.

Winston, by the way, I love the program. Nice work!

7/14/2009 10:26 AM  
Anonymous mvd said...

The error console doesn't show anything relevant, and setting browser.dom.window.dump.enabled = true and launching from a console didn't give me any info on the console (am I missing a step?). My TMobile account is not locked, and I have tried uninstall/reboot/reinstall/reboot to no avail.

7/14/2009 10:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

On other thing. I can't change the username/password in the options of this plugin. I can type it in, but it doesn't save.

Seems like this was a problem from way back when this was a new plugin.


7/14/2009 10:38 AM  
Anonymous mvd said...

I've seen problems changing username/pw on the new version, as well.

7/14/2009 10:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You have to go in and delete all the saved passwords in FF.

Tools->Options->Security->saved passwords->

Type in your phone number (or whatever login you use for the tmobile website) in the search box.

Delete all those entries related to the tmobile site.

Not a fix, but it's a work-around.

Winston might be able to make it change the password or create a new entry inside the plugin later.

7/14/2009 10:54 AM  
Anonymous mvd said...

Clearing out the passwords solved that problem, but I still hang trying to get any real info.

7/14/2009 12:49 PM  
Blogger Winston Huang said...

to prevent hitting tmobile web site too often, you need to go to the options menu of this plugin and change the value for "update minutes usage every".

7/14/2009 12:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, it's more than just changing that. Mine is set to 999 minutes, but I still have the problem of getting locked out....constantly.

7/14/2009 12:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

All of the IP addresses using this extension will be blocked since the extension is abusing the systems.

7/14/2009 7:23 PM  
Blogger Winston Huang said...

as long as the update frequency is not too high, the extension works the same way as using a browser to access tmobile's web site, certainly not abusing the system.

7/14/2009 10:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I keep getting locked out. I have to call in after just a couple minutes of use.

I'm kind of stuck.

I call to unlock my account. I can log in and get my minutes, but as soon as I log out and ask the plugin to check minutes, my account gets locked again.

7/14/2009 10:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

the problem isn't with the update frequency it is because the users are idiots and don't know their user name and passwords. Therefore your stupid retry frequency is 5 times a second constantly causing a massive amount of traffic.

It's soon going to be considered a DDOS since that is the effect it is having.

7/15/2009 9:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry, I'm not forgetting my's even stored in FireFox. So unless FireFox randomly changes the password only after I can log in one's not a problem of forgetting the password.

Read my post above, but I'll put it in simple terms:
1) I call in to unlock my account.
2) I can log in!!!!
3) I log out (or it times out)
4) I can NOT log in, the account is locked.
5) repeat (i.e. go back to $1)

7/16/2009 6:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home